Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Relax, It's Fine

I live in MD and though we've had relatively few cases of the Coronvirus, things are shutting down. And I am perfectly fine with this. Safety first!

The company where I work was ahead of the crisis and we've been working from home since late February. I'm loving it. I'm so much more productive at home, and I don't waste time and energy commuting. My typical daily commute ranges from 1.25 hours to 2 hours each way. I certainly am not missing that.

As for interacting with people, we're still meeting and working on our team while in different locations. Not that much different from normal for us.

What I'm really loving is being with my dog all day long. We can take our dogs to work, but my commute is to brutal for him to take. He's not very good in cars.

My husband his here with me too. I've seen some couples starting to complain on social media about too much being together. I don't see that happening to us. He's doing his thing in another room while I work in my office space.

The brightest spot in all this is going outside.

I've been walking my dog during my lunch and other breaks, so I'm getting fresh air and sunlight every day. Since it's feeling like Spring now, it's such a pleasure to be outside (despite seasonal allergies starting to hit me!)

I believe we'll all make it through this pandemic is we don't panic. May be too late to say this because of all the runs on local grocers and other stores for toilet paper and other staples. My husband asked one man why he needed 5 cases of bottled water and the man had no answer.

We have no idea how long this situation will persist. The best thing to do is practice social distancing and better yet, stay away from other people. Easy for me to say while I sit here in the suburbs. I know its much more difficult for city dwellers (like my son and daughter).

Think before going out and play it safe!

We can all use a break from the rat race.

No comments: