Friday, February 14, 2020

My Love on Valentine's Day

I was eighteen when I met the love of my life.

Now I'm looking back through the tunnel of time and am amazed to see how quickly time has passed since the first time I saw him. Accounting for our time together, let's see...

  • I'm still with the boy I fell in love with all those years ago - Score one for us!
  • We still enjoy doing things together - Score another one for us!
  • We share great pride in how well our children have turned out - Score again!
  • We live a comfortable lifestyle without worries about safety or having enough money to pay our bills - Score!

My mother never like the boy I love. But he was good to her.

He is good to me.

At times, I wish to change things about him.

Haven't been able to do it yet in all these years.

Why in the world would I want to change him when he's been my perfect life-mate?

If he hadn't been, we'd be in a very different place.

Light bulb going off!

Going to give him a big hug now.

No comments: