Friday, June 6, 2008

The Return of Positive Thinking

Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993) wrote the "Power of Positive Thinking" a long time ago. When I learned of it, I was seriously skeptical and didn't pay it any attention. Now, 35 years later, I am convinced this is exactly right.

For the past week, I have been making a concerted effort to focus on the good, to use the power of projection to visualize things the way I want them to be, and generally attempt to be positive. I know in the short term I was less stressed out this week. I'm hoping that the long term benefits are absolutely amazing... we'll see.

Regardless of whether or not my inner-most desires become reality in the long run, I truly believe that if everyone adopted a positive attitude, things would massively improve around the world.

Too simple? Well, that's how I prefer to work my way through my life - Simple, simple!

Thank you, Mr. Peale, you "Champion of Positive Thinking." Let's give this a go again, shall we?

No comments: