Thursday, April 23, 2020

Two More Covid-19 Deaths

It seems with every passing day, I learn of more Covid-19 deaths. Yesterday, we learned that my husband’s first cousin passed away from the virus, and a friend of mine’s father also died.

The growing list of the dead in my social sphere:
Irwin
Jen’s Dad
Nancy
John
Jody’s Dad

Those who have tested positive for the virus - 2 people I know, mother and daughter (who is pregnant the with her second child and has a 2 year old)

I write this because I feel it is important to 1) document what is happening during this pandemic and 2) Keep these families in mind and heart.

As my list grows, so does my anger at the increased pressures to reopen our country.

We don’t understand this sickness enough to accurately predict our future health status. Everything we’re being told turns out to be incorrect or worse, purposefully said to create a false sense of security when in truth we are only at the beginning of this.

Right now the most important thing to do is stay inside, keep healthy, and stay sane!

No comments: