Sunday, April 19, 2020

For Nancy Duncan Wohleber

Nancy is the 3rd victim of the cornavirus pandemic that I've known. I know three other people who have tested positive for the virus at this point in time.  Nancy is the mother of one of my best friends. Nancy was a nurse and a mother -- giving of herself her entire life.  Nancy was in a rehabilitation center recuperating when she contracted the virus. Nancy died a miserable death, gasping for air, alone.

I plan to report the tales of this pandemic from where I live. I believe it is incredibly important to record what is happening as we go through this. I know people are finding it very difficult to shelter-in-place for these past 30 days... yes, it's only been one month so far. I appreciate for many people it feels much longer.

That's where my sympathies end.

Crazy people are whining about how hard this is - but imagine how easy we really have it in these days of the internet, smart phones and smart tvs, food delivery services and facetime!

I know it is hard on parents to be home with their children while they are working. But heck, isn't that what all mothers throughout time have had to do?

Believe, me, when you know 3 people who have died so far, this virus becomes a very real threat. I'll do whatever I must to survive it.

No comments: