Saturday, May 9, 2009

Apologies

There's good and bad about being an online author. Until recently, I had kept the address of this blog secret because it's my place to practice writing and to unburden myself. Until recently...

I kept off Facebook because I knew it would upset my kids if I had an account - that they would see this as an invasion of their space. But, then I kept getting invites from my own friends to join. So I did. And, as expected my kids didn't like it. Especially when I friended their friends - hey, some of my kid's friends found me, not the other way around.

Now, I've published the link to this blog on my profile. Why? Because I wanted to see if anyone would come and leave me comments. I'm prepared to learn what readers think about my rants and raves. I'm not embarassed by anything I've written. This has always been out there subject to view and review by anyone.

Some things I've written have caused friction with my kids and that was not my intent. I am just being honest with my feelings and airing my opinions. In person, feelings and opinions don't always get through to others in the room. I'm the type person who has to put these feelings some place, and that's why I write in this blog. Once I put it here, I feel better.

So, if my thoughts voiced in this medium have upset anyone, let me say I'm sorry that was not my intention. But you also need to know that I wouldn't be writing in this blog if I didn't feel strongly. And, my feelings, thoughts, and opinions also matter.

At least here they do!

No comments: