Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Big Night is Finally Here

Tonight feels a lot like Christmas Eve...

It's the same feeling of anticipation like before you open your presents and see what you actually got!

Yes, it's Election Day and the polls are now beginning to close. I've got the TV coverage on and all the speculation is ramped up - to the max. All this drama and swirling has really revved up the nation and captured our national imagination. But what about tomorrow?

Someone has to lose.

And then what will happen? We're told things will never be the same again when November 5 rolls around. That means we have a 50/50 chance of things getting better and also getting worse. I've had very few Christmas' where I got gifts that matched my expectations. Usually it's a lot of build up with minimal payback in return. I truly hope this election doesn't turn out like so many overblown holiday promises.

We'll see... May all your election dreams come true!

No comments: