Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kramers in the House


It always seemed sad to me that our family was so small. As people got older and passed away, I deeply missed them and I was destressed by the feeling that our little clan shrinking away. That is until last week.

I met some blood relatives I didn't know I had. What wonderful people they are too. I am so very grateful to now know you. I hope this is the beginning of a life time of being family.

A poem about the joy of being with your family… (modified, from the Internet)

We come together, young and old, traveling distance just to be... surrounded by your own people. Cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents, all in perfect harmony.

There’s power in these gathering, love renews and flows right through.... through the smiles, hugs and memories of how we used to be... through the surprise and glee, when we get to see.
The family we never knew.

Good food, real laughter.... our bonds become so strong. We know that we belong with each embrace, with cheek kissed, with each sang song,... we see what we have missed. And we tell ourselves we've been apart too long

We hold each others hands and pray, thanking Jesus for his grace.
Asking God to guide us safely home, until we meet again. In another time, in another place.

No comments: