Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bless the Fathers

A father is a special person to have in your life.

My own father is now deceased, but I think of him often and always miss having him in my life. My dad was bigger than life. He was a unique person who either brought you tremendous happiness or great aggravation. There wasn't much middle ground with Dad. And, he liked it that way. He lived his life on his own terms and he wanted to have as much fun as he could.

Family was very important to my father. He kept in touch with his sister who still lives in Brooklyn and we made trips up to visit frequently. And, I was Daddy's girl. I could do no wrong in Daddy's eyes. Nobody else has ever loved me so much that I could bring anything -- good and bad -- to them knowing I wouldn't be judged in the process of figuring out what to do next.

I hope I too have imparted this complete love to my own children and that they too know I am always here for them no matter the circumstances.

This is the most important thing I learned from my father.

It's that simple, simple.

Thanks, Dad. Rest in peace.

No comments: