Friday, May 21, 2010

Traveling Home

In the hassle associated with traveling for business, there are pleasant surprises along the way. Today, I discovered that a coworker, whom I recently met on this trip, is a published writer. We had a nice conversation about writing, inspiration and also did a little commiserating about the employer. This bit of human comradeship has made my day. I was feeling disconnected coming from this three-day meeting, and I admit suffering from a bit of self-pity for having so few office friends -- accentuated by a limited number of dinner invitations over the course of the week. Then unexpectedly my seat mate on the plane turns out to be a fantastic person with similar interests. A small thing that means a great deal. I'm now returning home with a smile on my face. What a good Friday!

No comments: