Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ah, Love is in the Air


It's Valentine's Day!

This morning, I awoke to red roses, heart balloons and lovely sentiments from my husband. I appreciate that he took the time to prepare all this for me. Especially since he took that time last evening, which happened to be his birthday.

While this may not seem like a lot to some people (you lucky spoiled bunch), this is representative of my relationship with my spouse. He's not into things, but feelings and thoughts. So, when he goes out of his way to bring me my favorite flowers and to buy outward signs of his affection, I'm thrilled.

Now, I know people may think I'm letting him off the hook easy. Many of my friends expect to get jewelry, clothes, trips, dinners out, etc. on Valentine's Day. I'm not into making my man jump through hoops to demonstrate his love for me. I get that every day. He's loyal, trustworthy, open and honest, and he's always here for me. What else do I need? I certainly don't need a bunch of junk laying around the house. That's for sure.

I am really the lucky one. I found a life partner whose love runs deeper than surface showery. We have been together for nearly a lifetime - I met him when I was just 18 and it's no secret that I've passed the fifty mark. I'd be lost with him and today he let's me know he feels the same way!

No comments: