Wednesday, October 15, 2014

RePurpose - Day,3

Anger is a truly human emotion.  So is frustration, which is frequently the cause of anger.  One of the goals I have of this RePurpose is to regain balance - balance that enables, empowers me to regard situations without emotion, to size up the players and act with purpose.

I once had mastered this ability.

I could have used it today.  I'm dealing with a pair of sick elders who are angry, miserable and seem to enjoy pushing other people's buttons.  I know it's frustrating to no longer be able to care for yourself or do things as you'd like.I know it's impossible to be civil when you're suffering.I know it's got to be scary to face your own demise. Oh, I could go on.

Would that I could have just been detached from the insanity that affronted me.  Perhaps, not reacting would have influenced a return to normalcy rather than allowing bad behavior to continue.

I need to practice, practice, practice.

No comments: