Monday, March 28, 2016

Step One - My Journey to Reclaim Me

What do I want?


It's a hard question to answer because doing so means careful, deliberate soul searching.  Sure, people have canned answers they casually throw out when asked this question.  But, to truly know yourself well enough to have the real answer takes work.


I am about to begin a journey to learn about myself as I am today.  At this stage in my life, I need to overcome years of neglect and atrophy of my very core self.  As an adult, we need to take care of so many things in today's complicated lifestyle.  Education, career, marriage, children, etc. All energy consuming diversions from caring for my own "id." 


As a child, I spent a great deal of time alone because there weren't many other kids in our first neighborhood.  I amused myself and in doing so became a great friend with me. As the result, I was very self assured and dependable -- things I learned during this period of time when I leisurely thought about me and how I fit into my world.  It really was a special gift to know exactly what I thought about everything in my sphere of existence.  It was also when I learned to let the spirit lead me.  I am seeking that relationship with the spirit, whom I know will guide me once again.


All these years later, I need to reclaim myself from the impacts living life has had on me. I'm not exactly certain how to do this.  Of course, I could spend money on a therapist, but that's not what I'm looking for.  I could get a life coach, in fact I know a couple of fine ones.  Don't really think I need someone to tell me I'm okay and can achieve my goals... I need to start out as I did in the beginning.  Quietly reflective of how the world sounds in its natural form -- realigning with Earth's rhythm and energy.  Being in harmony with this pulse is simple, pure joy.


There's no structure to realign my core energy with the master rhythm of the planet.  It's going to be something I do every day.  I still hold that sense of pure joy from my childhood. I'm seeking to bring that self awareness to the forefront where I can channel this directed strength to do whatever I want to do.  I'm very excited to get started...

No comments: