Saturday, October 4, 2014

Golden Years 3

I've talked about the downside of carrying for elderly parents who are sick and hospitalized.  The upside is being able to help them and make them comfortable.
After multiple trips to the ER THIS past week, looks like my 93-year old father-in-law is feeling better and is more lucid today.  It filled me with joy to see him able to enjoy his meeting paper and be able to get around today. 
My mother is still in the hospital and is getting irritable after being sick for weeks and bedridden/chair-ridden all week.  There isn't much I can do for her, except bring her diet Pepsi's and try to make her comfortable.
This is really a case study and contrast in how differently people handle illness and hospitalization.  Also, how family members react and respond.  It's not all good or bad, just humans at our most basic!

No comments: